The rugged strength and strong colours bear witness to the dramatic rugged landscape of Newfoundland that this artist captures in her sensual watercolours.
A transplant to Newfoundland, Syvia Bendzsa moved here in the '70s and is actively involved in the art-scene in St. John's. She is proficient in many mediums and has a degree in printmaking. She is well-known for her water colours of street scenes of St. John's and her maritime landscapes.
Interrelationships March 2011
- Lloyds of London
- Labatt Brewery
- Fencorp Realty
- Fishery Products International
- Canada Council Art Bank
- Newfoundland and Labrador Government
- Federal Business Development Bank
- Government House, Newfoundland
- Canadian Helicopters Corporation
- 1996 BFA, Nova Scotia College of Art and Design
- 1964 Ontario College of Art
"Firmly rooted here, the decision to remain is based on my enjoyment of this place. The light is constantly changing and the dramatic rock formations are exciting. I can take a walk down a path anywhere in Newfoundland and rejoice in nature."
- Sylvia Bendzsa, 1999